How to create content for local SEO
If you own a small business, want to promote it on the Internet, but are already tired of competing with other companies on the world stage, then there is no better solution for you than local search engine optimization.
Local search works on completely different algorithms and therefore compiles search results according to the context and location of the user. In short, the work on local SEO can give you more advantages than traditional advancement on the Internet, because you will have more chances to quickly take your niche and get more profit.
In order to achieve good results in this area, you will need to do a few things: get the so-called local (social) quoting on the web, indicate on your website the current address of the company and its location, and, of course, gain good reviews on third-party services To assess local organizations (Google Maps, Foursquare, Yelp, etc.). However, in addition to all the above parameters, you will need to create a strong strategy for promoting content.
What should be local content?
Qualitative local content must meet a number of requirements:
● Optimize for local keywords. First, you will need to include in your texts more local keywords (the name of the city, region, region) that would give Google an understanding of how much your business is relevant to your location. As a result, your site will be ranked by a wider range of queries.
● Ranking by long keyword phrases. In order to increase the relevance of your content, you need to include longer and more specific keywords. For example, you can write an article on the “X best restaurants in Denver”, etc.
● Relevance of content for the region. Finally, I advise you to include as often as possible in your content elements that are specific to a certain region in which your business operates, as well as to encourage your regular customers. This way you can improve your reputation and reach, and also provide yourself with good reviews.
In order to successfully implement all the above recommendations in life, you should focus on the region with which you work.
What is better not to do
However, it’s easier to tell what not to do with local content, so that your strategy is successful. In the last section, I advised you to include in your texts relevant keywords for your location. This does not mean that your text should be full of them – you do not have to cram them into every sentence and wait for good results. For example, by calling your post “How to Buy a Bicycle Orlando Florida”, you will not only alienate your readers, but also attract fines from Google to your resource. Write the texts so that the keywords look natural in them and are appropriate within the content that you create.
Good themes for content
You, for sure, want to ask: “So what content is considered relevant for a certain region”? I agree that it is difficult to answer this question on the go, and this is a serious topic for reflection. It is for this reason that I have compiled for you a list of topics that can inspire you to create high-quality local content:
● Local events. The simplest and most extensive option for you is to cover the events taking place in your region. This step will show the local residents that you care about them, providing them with interesting and relevant information about life in their city, district or region. You can go further and become a part of the event by acting as its sponsor, presenting a booth with your goods and services on it, or sending one of the members of your team there to speak as a speaker or give a master class. Participation in events will give you the opportunity to increase your reputation and recognition in the community, and will give you more ideas for publications on your site.
● Ads on behalf of the company. You can diversify your local content with public statements on behalf of the company (especially if its main or only office is in this region). Ideally, it should be a press release presenting a new product or service to the public, or telling about a certain achievement of your organization. Be sure to indicate what benefit this event has for the local population. Does it increase the economic potential of this region? Does it improve the quality of life of local residents? Moreover, you can hold a thematic event – a series of master classes, speeches of outstanding speakers or a party – corresponding to the essence of your business.
● Attractions in the region. Include in your marketing plan a description of the attractions of the regions with which you work. You can include in your content specific keywords that tell you what is remarkable about a particular place in a certain city, and inspire people to visit it. However, be careful: the line between informative and advertising post is thin, so first of all try to make your content valuable to readers, and not just promote your business.
● Comparison with other companies. It’s a good idea to create content that compares different organizations in your industry to attract local users to your site. On the Internet there are many posts with reviews of several competitors in a certain area of business (including yours). I mean such materials as “The best eateries in Orlando”, among which, let’s say, will be your institution. When writing a post, be extremely objective and do not get carried away by praising your company – this will only alienate customers from you. Local residents are very fond of such posts, because they inspire them to buy or hike somewhere, and also help to make a decision in disputed situations.
● Local problems. Finally, study the most pressing problems in the region, and highlight them in your posts. For example, write about traffic jams, tell us about the abnormal weather, or invite readers to discuss the construction of a new institution in the city. And, of course, do not forget to incorporate into your texts the relevant keywords.
Content plays a huge role in local SEO, but not leading, so do not put it at the center of the promotion of your site. Materials designed for residents of a certain region should be half of all your posts, and even less – depending on your goals and the frequency of writing new texts. The main thing, do not forget that the keywords and phrases that you use should be diverse and relevant.